Thursday, October 05, 2006

Is it Worth $250?

People will ask themselves this when deciding to buy the Nintendo Wii on November 19.

It is a simple question with only two answers. Here is how I came to my answer:

1) When the SNES was released (1991) it retailed for $200 ($295 today).

It was my first Nintendo system, and one of the best experiences of my life. My brother and I had tons of fun playing Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past, and F-Zero. Though my father paid for it, it was truly worth it.

2) My wife is not a gamer.

She used to be. She remembers playing Super Mario Bros. on the NES. It was simple to control. Now all the buttons have become too complicated in her view. Exactly the kind of person Nintendo is targeting with the Wii.

First I want to be taken back to when games were more simple but very fun. Second I want to share with my wife my love of video games and I think the Wii is the system to do this with.

So yes, to me, $250 is worth all this.

2 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update your blog, O Victoria-Gardens-Traitor!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger carlos said...

just did

 

Post a Comment

<< Home