Sunday, March 18, 2007

Super Mario 64 2

I have waited 10 years to play Super Mario 64 2. It will be called Super Mario Galaxy (trailer) and will be released later this year.

The original Mario 64 was released in September of 1996. My brother and I pulled our funds together to buy a Nintendo 64 just to play this game. It was such an incredible experience.

It was the first time I could control a character and move him anywhere in a 3D space. If you thought you could do something you probably could. You could explore each level completely and never have to go about it the same way twice.

You had goals like racing to the top of a mountain, finding a character, collecting all the red coins, the thing was you could take any path you wanted. This was such a liberating experience, all other great games had been 2D before Mario 64 which has now become the archetype for 3D platformers.

I am so excited about this game. Hopefully I will have a Wii by then.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home